March 2019 Current Affairs
March 2019 Current Affairs PDF: March 2019 current affairs are uploaded for the candidates for various examination in India level, state level and any other examinations. The March 2019 is important for all Bank IPBS, PSU, APPSC, TSPSC, SBI, ISRO, RRB Railway Examins, SSC exam and other.
Aspirants have to download the Current Affairs and start preparing for the examination
March 2019 Current Affairs
- Zero Discrimination Day – March 2nd
- World Wildlife day – March 3rd
- World Down Syndrome Day – March 21st
- World Water Day – March 22nd
- World tuberculosis day – March 24th
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- 1st – Saudi Arabia
- 2nd – India
World Gold Council
- 1st – U.S
- 11th – India
International Patent Application
- 44th – India
International Energy Agency (IEA)
- US has 14%
- Indian Has 7%
World Air Quality Report 2018
1st Place Gurugram, Haryana
Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index 2018
- India’s poverty rate has drastically improved from 55% to 28% in the pas 10 Years.
- India still in largest number of poor peoples
- The worst 10 districts Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar.
- The Lowest MPI was in Kottayam, Thrissur, Ernakulum districts in Kerala State.
Swachh Sarvakshan 2019
- Indore — Cleanest City 2019 for third time in the row
Global Energy Transition Index 2019
- 1st Place Sweden
- 76th India
World Wide Cost of Living Survey 2019
- 1st – Sweden
- 76th – India
- Swiss based NRI Scientist Dr. Rajendra Joshi received Prawasi Bharatiya Samman
- Business line Change maker Award 2019 – Petitioners Against 377 + GST Council
- Windham Campbell Prize Award 2019 – Raghu Karnad ( The Farthest Field: An Indian Story of 2nd World War)
- Commonwelth Youth Award for Asian Region 2019 – Pandmabhan Gopala
- Hans Kilian Award 2019 – Ashi Nandy
- Genome Valley Excellence Award 2019 – Don Cleveland
- DRDO Chairman G Sathish Reddy received 2019 missile systems award
- 1st Lokpal of India – Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
- Chief Minister of Goa – Pramod Sawat
- 1st Transgender Election Ambassador – Gauri Sawant
- Chief Scientist of WHO – Soumya Swaminathan
- NALSA Executive Chairman – Justice SA Bobde
- Navy Chief – Karambir Singh
- DG, National Achivers of India – PV Ramesh
- NCBC Chairman – Bhagwan Lal Sahni
- BARC Director – Ajit Kumar Mohanty
- Finance Secretary of India – Subhash Chandra Garg
- Palestine Prime Minister – Mohanmmad Shtayyeh
- Asian Youth Athletic Championship Held at Hong Kong – 1st Place – China (31 Medals) and 2nd Place India (26 Medals)
- Dan Kolov – Nikola Petrov Wrestling Tournament – Bajrang Punia
- Youngest Indian Women to win ladies European Tour (golf) – Diksha Dagar
- Special Olympic World Games – 2019 (Abu Dhabi, India wins 368 medals)
- World Badminton Rankings – 1st Japan and 7th India
- Dubai Duty Free tennis Championship Winner – Roger Federer
National Common Mobility Card (NCMC)
- A customer may use this single rupee card for making the payments across all segments including market, bus, sub urban railways, tolls, parking, retail shopping.
NITI Aayog Delta Rankings
Health & Nutrition, education, Agriculture & water resources, financial inclusion & skill development. Basic infrastructure are this program core areas of focus. After several rounds of consultation with various Stake holder0073
- Top district: Hail Kandi
- Total number of districts: 112 aspirational districts
- Fund Spent: 10 Crore rupees
National Commission of Backward Classes (NCBC)
- Chairman of NCBC: Bhagwan Lal Sahni
- Members: Kaushalendra Singh Patel, Sudha Yadav, and Achary Talloju.
Mukyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana
- State: Madya Pradesh
- Reason for Scheme: 100 days Employment for unemployed youth.
- Monthly Stipend: Rs. 4,000/- & Training will be provided
- Annual Income: Less than 2 lakhs are eligible
- Age Group: 21 to 30 Years
International Cricket Council (ICC)
- President: Anil Kumble
- Date: March 2nd
- In 2012 years Anil Kumble received a chairmen post from West Indies farmer cricketer Cleve Laid.
Andhra Pradesh Rural Roads Development Project
- Moment of memorandum MOU with AIIB
- Project will be completed in 3 phases
- AIIB President: Jin Likyun
- Location of AIIB: Beijing, China.
Mukyamantri Parivar Sammna Nidhi
- State: Haryana
- CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Eligibility: 5 Acres land with Monthly income Rs.15,000/- or below.
- Age Group: 18 to 40 Years and 40 – 60 Years.
- Scheme Provides: 2 Lakhs for permanently disabled & death and 1 Lakh for partially disable.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan
- Who across the Age 29 can pay Rs.100/- monthly
- Who across the Age 18 can pay Rs.55/- monthly
- Benefit for Riksha Karmikas, Contruction labours, Agriculture Labours
- Benefit for 10 crore people
- Benefit from age of 60 years.
International Criminal Court (ICC)
- Establishment: 2002
- Head Quarters: De Hag, Netherlands.
- President: Chile Eboe – Osuji
- Membership Countries: 124 ( Malasiya member from March 2019 onwards)
- First country is out of ICC is Burundi (2017) Philippines.
Loksabha Elections Dates Out
- Chairperson of EC: Sunir Aurora
- Name of the States for Loksabha Elections: Andhra Pradesh – 175, Odisha – 147, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh – 60.
- Loksabha elections to be completed in 7 phases
- Phase -1: April 11, 2019
- Phase – 2: April 18, 2019
- Phase – 3: April 23, 2019
- Phase -4: April 29, 2019
- Phase – 5: May 6, 2019
- Phase -6: May 12, 2019.
- Phase -7: May 19, 2019
- May 23, 2019 election results will be published
- What: India & Bangladesh Joint Sainik (Army) Sampriti – VIII 2019
- Place: Tangali, Bangladesh
- Started: 2009
- Bangladesh PM: Sheikh Hasina
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
3 Indian Banks become a One Bank
- Three Indian banks are: Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank, and Bank of Baroda
- The government of India gave a green signal to adopting in a single bank.
- Bank of Baroda is the third largest bank after inclusion of Vijaya bank and Dena bank after SBI and ICICI banks.
- Bank of Baroda Executive Chairman: Hasmukh Adhia
- State Bank of Chairman: Rannish Kumar
- ICICI Bank Chairman: Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
- Lokpal and Lokyukta 2013
- Maximum members in Lokpal is 8 and 4 members should be Judicial members.
- 50% reservation for SC, ST OBC, and Minority of women
- Chairperson term is 5 years upto person reach 70 years in age.
- Salaries should be as per Indian Supreme court judge.
GST 34th Council Conference
- GST= Goods and Service Tax
- Started as per 101 Indian Constitution
- GST Council lead by finance minister
- GST bill passed inb May 6th, 2015 in Loksabha.
- From July 1, 2017 onwards GST implemented.
The following Tax are included in GST
State Level Tax
- State Value added Tax / Sale Tax
- Entertainment Tax
- Octori and Entry Tax
- Purchase Tax
- Luxury Tax
- Taxes on lottery, Betting, and Gambling
Central Level Tax
- Central Excise Tax
- Additional Excise Tax
- Service Tax
- Additional Customs duty tax
- Special additional duty of customs.
- Name of the Vehicle: Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV – C 45)
- Number of Satellites – 29
- Total Weight: 436 Kgs + 28 third-party satellites (220 kgs) (American Satellites 24 and other 2 for Ludhiana)
- Place: Sathish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota ISRO
- Director: K Sivan
- Headquarters: Bangalore
- Established in 1969
The Third Piller Book by Raghuram Ranjan
- Former RBI governer Raghuram Ranjan ( from September 2013 to September 2016)
- Raghuram Ranjan is a 23rd RBI Governer
- Book Name: The Third Piller
- Currently is working in American Chicago university Professor in Financial Subject.
- Book release date: March 27, 2019.
- Place: New Delhi
Anti Satellite (ASAT) by DRDO
- DRDO tested anti satellite on Jan 24th
- Test Name: Mission Sakti
- Place: Odisha Dr. Abdul Kalam Island
- Use: destroy the 160 – 2000 KM or nearest satellites.
- America, Russia, China and India is 4th Country to occupy.
- DRDO Started in 1958
- Head Quarters in New Delhi
- Chairman: G Sateesh Reddy
World Highest Election Polling Station
- Highest (above mountain) polling station: Tashigang (Himachal Pradesh)
- Height: 15, 256 feet
- CM: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki