July 2019 Current Affairs
July 2019 Monthly Current Affairs PDF: July 2019 monthly current affairs are important for the various examinations in India. Those who are preparing for the PSU, State Level, SSC, IBPS, SBI (Clerk and PO), Railways, and other important examinations can download the monthly current affairs in pdf format and secure extra marks.
Current Affairs questions mainly took from the trending topics of both national and international areas. Aspirants can observe trending current affairs and prepare those as a priority base wise.
July 2019 Current Affairs
|July 2019 Dated||July Observed Day|
|1-Jul||National Doctor’s Day|
|1-Jul||National Postal Worker Day|
|1-Jul||Chartered Accountants Day (India)|
|1-Jul||National U.S. Postage Stamp Day|
|1-Jul||National Gingersnap Day|
|2-Jul||World UFO Day|
|2-Jul||National Anisette Day|
|3-Jul||National Fried Clam Day|
|4-Jul||Independence Day USA|
|6-Jul||World Zoonoses Day|
|11-Jul||World Population Day|
|11-Jul||National 7-Eleven Day|
|12-Jul||National Simplicity Day|
|12-Jul||Paper Bag Day|
|17-Jul||World Day for International Justice|
|18-Jul||International Nelson Mandela Day|
|22-Jul||Pi Approximation Day|
|24-Jul||National Thermal Engineer Day|
|25-Jul||National Refreshment Day|
|26-Jul||Kargil Vijay Diwas|
|26-Jul||System Administrator Appreciation Day|
|28-Jul||National Parent’s Day (Fourth Sunday in July)|
|28-Jul||World Nature Conservation Day|
|28-Jul||World Hepatitis Day|
|29-Jul||International Tiger Day|
Govt to celebrate years of GST
- Name of the Organization: Government of India
- Dated: 1st July 2019.
- GST second anniversary as on 1st July 2019.
- Finance Minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Event held at Ambedkar Bhawan
Telangana ISTA Congress Hyderabad
- ISTA: International Seed Testing Association (ISTA)
- Location: Hyderabad
- Event held from 26 June to 3 July 2019.
- Total Days: 5 days
- Aim: Seed technology and quality in a changing world.
BSB 2019 Kharif Session
- Government: West Bengal launched insurance scheme BSB
- Date: 1st July 2019.
- BSB: Bangla Shashya Bima
- Aim: To protect farmers from losses due to natural disasters
- The scheme launched in collaboration with Agriculture Insurance Company of India (AIC).
- Government Statement: Free of cost for farmers.
NSSO Survey on Unemployment
- NSSO: National Sample Survey Organization
- Nagaland occupied the top place in the unemployment rate
- Nagaland unemployment rate: 21.4%
- Goa unemployment rate: 13.9%
- Meghalaya unemployment rate: 1.5%
- Chattisgarh and Sikkim have a low unemployment rate in India.
Lifetime achievement award (UK Indian Awards)
- Award Winner: Veteran British journalist Sir Mark Tully
- Dated: 1st July 2019.
- He worked in KBE is the former Bureau Chief of the BBC, New Delhi.
- Almost 30 years before resigning in July 1994
Summits challenge Completed by Indian Women IPS Officer
- Name of the Indian IPS Officer: Aparna Kumar
- She is the 1st civil servant who completed the Summits challenge
- Challenge Name: 7 Summits’ challenge
- She hosted tricolour flag on Mount Denali in Alaska, USA.
Central Educational Institutions Reservation in Teachers Cadre Bill Passed
- Name of the Bill: Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Bill 2019
- Passed Date: 1st July 2019.
- Aim: reservation and to give equal opportunity to all as per the Constitution.
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- Scheme Name: One Nation One Card
- Scheme begin Date: 1st July 2020
- Ration Shop Districts: Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana and Tripura
- Around 77% of ration shops across the nation.
- Implementation under the National Food Security Act(NSA)
New CMD of BSNL
- BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Appointed by Telecom and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad
- PK Purwar appointed as a New CMD of BSNL.
- It is dated: 3rd July 2019.
Vaibhav Yadav Indian Pro Boxer WBC Asia Title
- Indian Pro boxer: Vaibhav Yadav
- Held at: Pattaya, Thailand.
- WBC: World Boxing Council
- Pro boxer championship conducted by Asian Boxing Council.
IDAI Aadhar Seva Kendra in Delhi & Vijayawada
- ASK: Aadhar Seva Kendra
- Established at New Delhi and Vijayawada.
- UIDAI has set up a plan to set up 114 centres across India by 2019.
- Project Cost: 300 to 400 crore
- Total targeted cities: 53 Cities.
- An ASK should handle the 1,000 enrolment requests per day.
Hema Das Win the Gold in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland
- Event Name: Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland
- Dated: 5th July 2019
- Name of the Winner: Hema Das (Indian)
- 200 m gold
- Clocked in 23,65 seconds for 1st place win the race.
UP CM Free Help Line
- State: Uttar Pradesh
- Phone Number: 1076 ( 24×7)
- Any Compnains can take over and monthly review
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath
Shoiab Malik Retirement from ODI
- Name of the Player: Shoiab Malik (Pakistan Cricket Player)
- Retirement from One Day International (ODI)
- He can focus on T20 Tournaments.
- He is an occasional Cricket captain player of Pakistan.
- It is dated: 7th July 2019.
FIFA Women’s World Cup
- S. women’s national soccer team (USWNT) won the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- Event Date on 7th July 2019.
- Location: Lyon, France
- Runner: Netherlands.
- FIFA’s president, Gianni Infantino
- France’s president, Emmanuel Macron
Bicycle Sharing Scheme in Puducherry
- Development Name: Puducherry smart city development plan
- Total of 100 spots identified for cycle docking stations.
- Twenty docking stations with 10 to 15 cycles set up.
Virat Kohli Batsman Positions ICC Rankings.
- Indian Captain Virat Kohli remains 1st place in Batsman.
- The second place occupied by Rohit Sharma
- All rankings announced by ICC.
Dravid Appointed to National Cricket Academy NCA
- NCA: National Cricket Academy.
- Located at Bangalore
- The appointment approved by BCCI Board of Control for Cricket in India
- Appointed on 8th July 2019.
NETPAC Award won by Gully Boy
- Name of the Festival: Bucheon Film Festival.
- Name of the Movie: Gully Boy
- 23rd Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFAN) in South Korea.
Raghu Ram Received FRCS of Thailand
- Padma Shri awardee P.Raghu Ram received Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- FRCS located in Thailand
HM Ershad Passed Away
- Age: 89 Years
- Name: H M Ershad
- He is suffering from multiple complications including infections in his lungs and kidneys
- H M Ershad seized power in 1982 and ruled the country from 1982 to 1990.
Kladno Memorial Athletics
- Indian athlete Mohammad Anas won gold in men’s 400 meters.
- Hima Das won gold in women’s 200 meters.
- Location: Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet Kladno.
- Indians bagged six gold, three silver, and one bronze.
$250 Million to Kerala For Resilient Kerala project
- World Bank Offers 250 million dollars to Kerala Government
- Reason: Resilient Kerala project
- Aim: enhancing the state’s resilience against the impacts of natural disasters and climate change in the wake of last year’s floods.
Sarvita Sethi Appointed as VS Finance at CoCa Cola
- Coca Cola appointed as a Vice President and M&A role in Coca Cola
- She appointed with Vice President Finance (CFO).
- First women in the Finance Department elected in history.
Biswa Bhusan New Governor for Andhra Pradesh
- New Governor for Andhra Pradesh State
- Appointed on 15th July 2019.
- Chief Minister of AP: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. (YSRCP Party Lead).
- Previous Governor: ESL Narasimhan.
- Biswa Bhusan is a BJP leader in Odisha
- BB is a National Executive Member and its State General Secretary till the formation of Janata Party in 1977.
Andhra Bank AI ChatBot for Customers.
- Andhra Bank Launched AI (Artificial Intelligence) in Chatbot.
- It was the interacting assistant called as “ABHI.”.
- Functions help in the Hyderabad Telangana State.
- Andhra Bank tie-up with Netxcell Limited (IT) Hyderabad.
Sheila Dikshit Passed Away
- Former Chief Minister of Delhi Sheila Dikshit
- Passed away on July 21, 2019.
- Due to cardiac arrest.
PV Sindhu Wins 1st Silver Medal.
- PV Sindhu finished at second at the Indonesia Open
- Age: 24 Years.
PMKSNY Scheme Benefits
- More than 1 lakh formers are received benefits from
- Received two instalments of 2,000 rupees.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
- Total Budget: 14 thousand 646 crore rupees
ISRO Chandrayaan 2
- ISRO: Indian Space Research Organisation.
- Time: 02:43 PM on July 22
- Budget Spent: 978 Crore
- 20-hour count down.
- Location: Srihari Kota Andhra Pradesh.
- Pragyan: Six wheeled robotic vehicles ( travel 500m )
- Vikram lander on a lunar day is equivalent to 14 earth days.
- Aim: identify the water molecule on the moon.
ADB Power Project in Tripura
- ADB: Asian Development Bank
- ADB sanctioned Rs.1,925 crore for the power project in the Tripura State.
- Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Dev Varma
- The Power project is sanctioned to TSECL for upgrading capacity 63MW Rokhia project to 120 MW.
AIIB withdraws Amaravati project
- AIIB: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- AIIB Located in Beijing.
- AIIB and Word bank-financed on upcoming city Amaravati in Andhra Pradesh State.
- AIIB financed $2000 million and World Bank-financed $3000 million.
- Dated 15th July 2019.
- Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional.
- POSCO: Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- Bill Passed in Rajya Sabha on 24th July 2019.
- Bill presented by Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Irani.
HAL Chetak Helocaptor
- HAL: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- HAL delivered Chetak helicopter on 24th July 2019.
- Handover to Indian Navy with documents.
- Indian Navy contracted in August 2017.
Triple TALAQ Bill Passed
- Triple Talaq is a Muslim marriage system get divorce easily by saying three-time talaq verbally.
- Bill: Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2019.
- To prevent the triple talaq system and it helps to save the Muslim women against the talaq.
- Aim: The Bill criminalises instant triple talaq among Muslims. It also approves a jail term of three years for the husband.
S Jaipal Reddy passed away
- Former Union Minister S Jaipal Reddy passed away.
- Dated: 28th July 2019
- Age: 77 Years
- Fice times of member of Lok Sabha.
- Four-time MLA
- Two times as Rajya Sabha Member
- Party: Congress Party.
Oneliner Current Affairs- July 2019 Current Affairs
- Nitesh Kumar jangir Indian Engineer won an innovation award in the UK.
- Eleventh DefExpo India -20202 to be held in Lucknow.
- Kumara Swamy resigned as Karnataka CM on July 23rd, 2019.
- Kanungo to run monetary policy portfolio name by RBI.
- NITI Aayog partners with WhatsApp to promote women entrepreneurs.
- “Prime Minister to Remember” book released on 1st July 2019, Author “Sushil Kumar” (Where Sushil Kumar is a Former Navy Chief Admiral).
- NPCI ties-up with JCB for Global Rupay Card.
- Infosys launches Cyber Defence Center in Romania
- “Chandra Shekhar – The Last Icon of Ideological Politics”; The book author Shri Harivansh, Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha, and Shri Ravi Dutt Bajpain released by PM Narendra Modi.
- Djokovic won Federer to win fifth Wimbledon Title again.
- DD News channel bagged Champions of Empathy Award
- Boxing Legend Manny Pacquiao winner of WBA Super Welterweight title.
- Justice AK Sikri appointed as the Judge of Singapore International Commercial Court SICC
- PV Sindhu Indian campaign at Indonesia Open Badminton
- Paypal opens a new centre in Hyderabad.
- China wants to work together in space after the Chandrayan 2 success.
- Plastic like Jute material developed in Bangladesh.
- MS Dhoni becomes the second Indian player to reach the ODI game mark.
- Goa State is planning to test the HIV tests before the marriages.
- Ola gets a green signal from Landon taxi business.
- The US celebrated the anniversary of Apollo in July 2019.
- Vijayveer wins 3rd gold at Junior Shooting World Cup
- Anish Bhanwala won the gold medal in rapid-fire pistol in the ISSF Junior World Cup
- Melbournes La Trobe University Awarded Honorary Doctorate to Shah Rukh Khan
- MN Rao appointed DG of Fire services Civil Defence.
- AK Mishra appointed as a Board of Director to J&K Bank by RBI
- Economy Survey: Indian GDP growth increased 2018-19 FY.
- Five centres sign MoU with IBM to use the AI in Agriculture.
- Soudi Arebia increased Haj quota from 1,70,000 to 200,000.
- New Zealand bans single-use plastic shopping bags.
- Ola Electric mobility Fund Investment from Softbank funds.
- Reliance Jio partner with Facebook for a literacy drive MDigital Udaan in India.
- NS Vishwanathan get an extension of 1 year as RBI deputy governor
- IIT Madras unveiled DataPlatform to the improvement of Govt infrastructure Development.
- Manoj Kumar Nambiar appointed as the Chairman of (MFIN) microfinance institutions network.
- NASA tested the Ascent Abort Test of the Orion Capsule.
- Indian Army NeGD signed MoU for the development of the revamped app.
- Airtel payment bank tie-up with Bharat AXA life Insurance to offer Bharti AXA life POS Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana.
- Delhi police singed MoU with SECI to set up rooftop solar energy systems.
- Uttar Pradesh (UP) set up a committee in all district situated on the banks of Ganga river.
- Additional charge appointed to Ministry of Textiles “Shri Rabindra”.
- IICTF held in New Delhi for the 1st time for helping the farmers.
- RBI fines to the Public Sector banks for violating the KYC norms.
- 1 July 2019 Current Affairs
- 1.1 July 2019 Current Affairs