English Test Online
Those who are preparing for the online English examination (test-based) for various competitive examinations, they can attempt and practice the English test online.
Q1. Even though my husband had a good job, I took up one as well.’
Choose the meaning of the phrasal verb ‘took up”.
- started doing
The train ………. before we reached the station.
Choose the correct form of the verb that fits the blank.
- had left
- is leaving
- would have left
Oliver was frightened at the sight of so many gentlemen, which made him tremble.
Choose the antonym of the word, ‘many’.
- a few
She pinned them neatly on the soft board.
Choose the correct passive voice of the sentence.
- They are pinned neatly on the soft board by her
- They pinned neatly on the soft board by her.
- She was pinned neatly on the soft board by them.
- They were pinned neatly on the soft board by her.
Read the passage and choose the correct answer to the question given after.
A horse is able to sleep standing up as he is able to lock his leg muscles so that he doesn’t fall while sleeping. Nor do all horses in the same field ever lie down at once-one animal always stands on “look out” duty.
The horse locks his leg muscles while standing in order to;
- escape from the enemies
- look out on duty
- prevent from falling while sleeping
- search for fodder
She fell silent and the children recognized her pensive mood and kept silent.
Choose the antonym of the word “pensive”.
Choose the suffix that suits the word “comprehend” to form a noun.
I am proud _____ my country.
Choose the correct preposition that fits the context.
Choose the list of words in correct alphabetical order.
- lingual, lingerie, linger, linguist
- linger, linguist, lingual, lingerie
- linger, lingerie, lingual, linguist
- linguist, linger, lingerie, lingual
Choose the word with correct spelling.