August 2019 Current Affairs PDF
August 2019 Current Affairs PDF: #Examdays consistently providing monthly Free current affairs in English medium for aspirants, it helps most of the aspirants, those who prepare for the various examinations like Bank, PSC, PSU, Railways, and other examinations.
Download the Monthly PDF document from below links prepare the desire applied examinations appropriately.
August 2019 Current Affairs
Group of Transport Ministers (GoM) Bill
- Rajya Sabha passed the Motor Vehicles Bill, 2019
- Dated: July 31, 2019.
- The Motor Vehicles Bill, 2019 is based on the recommendations of the Group of Transport Ministers.
- Head: Shri. Yoonus Khan
Bankruptcy Code (IBC) Bill 2019
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) Bill, 2019 passed in Parliament on August 1, 2019.
- It provides a 330 days timeline for insolvency resolution process and specifies minimum payouts to operational creditors in any resolution plan. Earlier it 270 days.
- It gives the clarity on the right of duties of authorised representatives of voters.
- It gives committee of creditors of a loan defaulting company an explicit authority over the distribution of proceeds in the resolution process.
Senior Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes Awards
- Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel informed that two languages – Nepali and Santhali from the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution
- Included in the Sub-Field of Field “Literature” in the Scheme.
- ‘Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture’.
- The Ministry of Culture regulates a scheme component namely Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture.
Clean air initiative launched
- British Deputy High Commissioner DominicMcAllister has inaugurated “Innovation for Clean Air” (IFCA).
- Launched in Bangalore.
- How: The Air Quality level measured by Satellite System, the program led by the Innovative UK.
- Key Partner by Indian Institute of Science(IISc) & Enzen, project lithium, C40 (Bangalore & London)
- Partners: Shakthi foundation, India smart grid forum, IIIT Bangalore,
- Other names: Garden city of India, Silicon Valley of India, Science city of India
Water Stress Index 2019
- London-based risk analytics firm Verisk Maplecroft has released a Water stress report on August 1st, 2019.
- Stating: India is the 46thhighest risk country in the world.
- Indian cities have extremely high water risk in future; those lists are: Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Nashik, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Indore
- It could happen due to the Climate Change Vulnerability Index (CCVI).
No Visa Fee for Indian tourists
- The Sri Lankan government has exempted from visa fees which range from $20 to $40 with effect from August 1, 2019.
- Total 48 countries exempted from visa fees by SriLankan government.
- Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Colombo, Currency: Sri Lankan rupee, Prime Minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe.
India Post Payments Bank converts to SFB
- India Post Payments Bank IPPBConverts to small finance bank SFB.
- Announced by Indian Postal Department.
- IPPB founded on 1 September 2018, New Delhi, India.
PRAGATI Chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- PRAGATI: Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation
- Grievances under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and it has been directed by Prime Minister.
- Target Year: ‘housing for all by 2022.’
- Under the scheme: 35 lakh beneficiaries and 16000 hospitals have joined the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
PM Pension Scheme
- Name of the Scheme: Pradhan Mantri shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM)
- Number of Workers Registered: 150 millionworkers
- More than 50-60million workers will be from the construction sector
- The scheme will serve above 60-years.
- People who work in the unorganised sector with monthly income less than or equal to 15000 and age limit between the18-40years.
WorldBank Report 2019 FY
- World Bank has released 2018 report on economy with global GDP.
- India has secured 7th position with $2.73 trillion economies.
- US $20.5 trillion, China $13.6 trillion, Japan $5.0 trillion, Germany $4.0 trillion, UK $2.8 trillion, France $2.8 trillion, and India $2.7 trillion.
- India’s GDP rose from $2.65 trillion in 2017 to $2.7 trillion in 2018.
Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2019
- Ravish Kumarwas selected for the Ramon Magsaysay award 2019
- He is the NDTV senior executive editor
- Work: “Harnessing journalism to give voice to the voiceless.”
Other Selected Candidates for Award.
|Ko Swe Win||Myanmar|
|Raymundo Pujante Cayabyab||Philippines|
|Kim Jong-Ki||South Korea|
POCSO (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- POCSO: Protection of Children from Sexual Offences
- POCSO bill passed and it a provision of the death penalty.
|Offence||Punishment as per 2019 Bill|
|Use of a child for pornographic purposes||Minimum: 5 years|
|Unsuitable content in terms of videos & images.||Minimum: 10 years (in case of the child below 16 years: 20 years)|
|Maximum: life imprisonment|
|Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in aggravated penetrative sexual assault||Minimum: 20 years|
|Maximum: life imprisonment or death.|
|Unsuitable content in terms of videos & images.||Minimum: 3 years|
|Maximum: 5 years|
|Use of child for pornographic purposes resulting in aggravated sexual assault||Minimum: 5 years|
|Maximum: 7 years|
Economic Valuation of Tiger Reserves in India: A Value+ Approach
- NTCA (National Tiger Conservation Authority ) released a phase 2
- Aim to promote tiger conservation.
- Centre for Ecological Services Management (CESM) published for theIndian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM).
- Located atBhopal, Madhya Pradesh in collaboration with NTCA.
KBL Mobile Plus’ Android App
- Karnataka Bankhas tied up with Fintech Finwizard Technology Pvt Ltd.
- It offers wealth management products and services and mutual funds (MFs).
- Karnataka bank is an “A Class Scheduled Commercial Bank”.
Bharat Gaurav Award 2019
- Kapil DevFormer Indian Cricketer conferred with Bharat Gaurav Award 2019.
- Presentation at Netaji Indoor Stadium, Kolkata.
- Founded by East Bengal Club, Kolkata soccer giants
- Presentation Day: 99th foundation day.
Article 370 and 35A
- The government announced to repeal Article 370and Article 35A.
- Special status to Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- JK bifurcates into 2 Union Territories– Jammu and Kashmir.
- Legislature like Delhi, Puducherry, and Ladakh.
BS-VI Vehicles Report
- BS-VI: Bharat Stage emission standard from 1st April 2020, onwards.
- Ministry of road transport and highways.
- BS-IV norms until December 31, 2019.
- Reason: BS-IV vehicles travel mostly in remote areas only in most challenging operations and environments too.
World Richest Person List
- Jeffrey Preston Bezos remains 1st place in world richest person.
- 2nd richest person: Bill Gates
- Indian Mukesh Ambani stands 18th place by holding $47.2billion margin index and also grabs Asia’s richest person
- The list was released on August 4, 2019.
Power Grid New Chairman
- Dated: August 16, 2019.
- Kandikuppa Sreekant appointed as a Chairman and Managing Director MD of Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
- Previously Ravi P Singh (director (personnel)
“Yasin”, “Balaban” & “Ghaem” Iran Missile
- “Yasin”, “Balaban”, and “Ghaem” in Tehran has launched by Iran.
- The missile was developed by Ministry of Defence of Iran and Sa Iran.
- Which also called as Iran Electronics Industries.
4th edition of National Entrepreneurship Awards
- MSDE: Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- NEA: National Entrepreneurship Awards.
- MSDE announced 4th edition of NEA for the 2019 year.
- Total of 45 awards is to be announced with 39 enterprise awards and 6 Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Builders awards.
- Winners will be presented with a Trophy, Certificate, and a Cash Prize of Rs.5 lakhs and Rs.10 lakhs.
- Eligibility: nominee should be under 40 years, holding 51% or more equity and ownership of the business.
- Women should have an individual or collectively 75% or more enterprise.
EnKash B2B Payment Startups
- Dated: 08.08.2019 (August 8th, 2019).
- RBL bank and practo (digital health care) jointly launched “RBL – Practo Plus” Mastercard.
- Benefits: Unlimited online consultants and doctors help in 24*7 time.
“Digi Vyapari- Safal Vyapari” by CAIT
- CAIT: Confederation of All India Traders
- CAIT is partnership with HDFC bank, Mastercard, and Common Service Centers (CSCs) of Ministry of Electronics and Technology (Meity), and global linkers have launched “Digi Vyapari- Safal Vyapari”.
- Benefits: It accepts all digital payments linking with all e-commerce websites.
Pakistan suspends bilateral trade with India
- After revoke on article 370 and 35 (a) Pakistan National Security Council(NSC) chaired by the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan decided to downgrade diplomatic ties with India.
- Pakistan also suspended Samjhauta Express Train Service.
Golden Butterfly tea Makes Big Sale
- The Dikom Tea Estate named “Golden Butterfly tea” created a record of being sold at Rs.75,000 per kg at GTAC Assam.
- These tender tea leaves and buds available only on June – July 2019 month.
- It has colossal demand those 2 months in Assam.
South Asian Spelling Bee competition
- An Indian-American teenager has won the 2019 South Asian Spelling Bee contest.
- A grand prize of $3,000 dollars.
- Outstand performer other competitors in the finals by spelling the word
- “Flipe” means “to strip off by or as if by peeling”.
OneLiner Current Affairs
- Ravinder Takkr has a new CEO & MD of Vodafone and Idea board.
- Karnataka Government categorised Nicotine as “class A poison.”
- Astronomers discovered a 2ndplanet called ‘B Pictoris c ‘ for Beta Pictoris star
- Virat Kohli retains top spot in the latest ICC Test batsmen’s rankings
- Indian Oil Corp Ltd IOCL clinched Dolo-650 Bangalore Cup All India Hockey Tournament 2019 by beating Army XI
- King of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan, launches heritage postal stamp of Bandra station
- 2019 Pushkin Medal conferred to JNU professor Meeta Narain
- Likee platform creates Guinness World Record for I-Day campaign. Where Likee is a short video creation platform.
- ADB President Mr Takehiko Nakao pledges over $12 Billion to India in support of New Flagship Initiatives
- Home Minister Amit Shah flags off the first fleet of eco-friendly e- buses in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- 26th Ladakhi-Kisan-Jawan-VigyanMela inaugurated by Rajnath in Leh
- ‘Angikaar campaign’ launched by HUA to bring PMAY(U) beneficiaries into Ujjawala, Ayushman Bharat fold
- Mumbai ranks 45th & Delhi 52nd in 2019 world’s Safe Cities Index
- Kerala all-rounder Jalaj Saxena has become the 1st Indian cricketer to set a rare record in Indian first-class cricket history
- Ex-South American Football Boss Nicolas Leoz passed away in Asuncion, Paraguay
- Indian Institute of Petroleum IIP sets up plant that turns plastic waste into diesel
- Fintech startup based in Bangalore ‘MoneyTap’ provides lifetime credit of up to Rs.5 lakh Instantly
- Microsoft launches first of it’s kind “Digital Governance Tech Tour” programme to skill government IT officials in new-age technologies
- Software Technology Parks of India STPI sets up India’s 1stFinTech centre of excellence-“Fin Blue” in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Shalija Dhami of IAF becomes a first female flight commander
- Shashi Shanker, ONGC CMD honoured with Distinguished Fellowship of 29thInstitute of Directors IOD, 2019.
- Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry launched “Janaushadhi Sugam” mobile app
- Virat Kohli tops & Jasprit Bumrah enters top 10 in latest ICC test rankings
- Odisha’s Kalinga Stadium gets provisional clearance to be the 1st venue for 2020 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Former Palghar MLA of Maharashtra Navnitbhai Shah passed away at 96
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: